Transparency from each axis to the entire system
With the function ‘Smart Energy Monitoring’, the energy consumption of each individual axis can be determined per cycle. The energy measurement is performed autonomously and in real time in the Baumüller b maXX servo converters used. In the higher-level PLC function in the b maXX converter, a software module analyzes the transferred measured values and subsequently calculates, among other things, the actual energy consumption per axis as well as across all axes. The values are then shown in the machine visualization. Alternatively, a dashboard also displays the results of the measurement, which are directly transferred from the b maXX converter via open IoT interfaces, such as OPC UA.
For the machine manufacturer or end user, this function offers the following possibilities:
- Optimization of the machine cycle reduces the energy consumption of the machine and accordingly of individual energy consumers within the machine à Lower production/energy costs during operation
- Optimization of the machine cycle regarding the use of energy in the DC link à Lower production/energy costs during operation
- Representation of energy consumption per part à Facilitates and improves the calculation of production costs
- Energy deterioration (e.g., increasing mechanical wear) is automatically detected on the basis of adjustable warning and error thresholds à Maintenance for increased machine availability can be planned and carried out in a cost-optimized way
- Interfaces to comprehensive energy measurement systems possible à Transparency of the entire machine’s energy consumption
- Machine-specific key figures can be generated à Improved process optimization, including monitoring
- Transparency of energy consumption à Assists in the determination of the Product Carbon Footprint (PCF)
Great software extension for energy monitoring!