The TOSIBOX® Lock for Container helps bring secure connectivity inside your industrial IoT devices. It is a software-only way of connecting your IPCs, HMIs, PLCs, controllers and other devices to your Tosibox network, serving as the endpoint for secure remote connections.
With TOSIBOX® Lock for Container, services running on the connected device can be securely accessed over the Internet and most LAN and WAN networks through highly encrypted VPN connection.
TOSIBOX® Lock for Container is suitable for demanding and hazardous applications such as medical, marine, transport and oil industries. In these scenarios, TOSIBOX® Lock for Container brings secure connectivity to hardware devices designed to meet demanding requirements.
SECURE CONNECTIVITY TO NEARLY ANY DEVICE
- The patented TOSIBOX connection method is now available virtually to any device. You can integrate and manage all your devices with your TOSIBOX® products
- TOSIBOX® Lock for Container supports Layer 3 VPN tunnels
- TOSIBOX® Lock for Container does not limit the number of services or devices you need to manage. You can connect any service over any protocol between any devices
Use case 1: Quick Access for occasional remote access (Remote Maintenance Application).
This use case consists of the Tosibox Lock for Container and the Master Key for establishing a secure VPN connection from the client (PC) to the Industrial Edge Device (OT network). A Master Key can be equipped with unlimited additional soft keys that serve as additional user access. Important: This setup does not support parallel connections.
Use Case 2: Always-On Connectivity (with Parallel Connections)
This use case consists of Tosibox Lock for Container, Master Key and Virtual Central Lock for establishing multiple parallel secure VPN connections. Virtual Central Lock balances the load of parallel connections and also enables easy management of large networks without special IT knowledge. Virtual Central Lock is an add-on and can be purchased directly from Tosibox support. A “VCL Light” version can be tested free of charge for 30 days with max. 5 parallel connections.
- Manage any service, access any device
- Simple installation and fast activation
- No need for supervision, runs silently in the background
- Can run behind NAT and in firewalled networks
- VPN throughput limited only by network connection
- End-to-end encryption between TOSIBOX® devices
- Audited and patented security
Advantages of TOSIBOX
- Simple: Build and manage secure OT infrastructure
- Secure: Tested & audited security
- Modular: Unlimited expandability and flexibility
- Timeless: Deals with legacy and future systems
- Unique: Globally patented point-to-point connection