We are super excited to have finally released FLECS.
This means that you can now try out for yourself what FLECS is and what the benefits are for you.
Our big promise: You will never have set up an automation system as fast as with FLECS.
The following Quick guide will help you with the easy setup.
Before you get started you will need:
– A PC that can run virtual machines
– A tool to run images in Open Virtualization Format Archive (.ova), e.g. Virtual Box
Step 1: Download the virtual machine
You can download the virtual machine by simply clicking on the download button above.
Step 2: Import the virtual machine
- Run VirtualBox and click ‘Import’.
- Use ‘Local File System’ as source, select the file received from us and click ‘Next’.
- Review the settings and click ‘Import’.
- On the imported virtual machine, click ‘Settings’.
- Close the settings view by clicking ‘OK’.
Step 3: Start your virtual machine
- Select the virtual machine containing FLECS and click ‘Start’:
- After the virtual machine is successfully started, it can be minimized or put into the background.
Step 4: Connect to the virtual machine with your browser
After your virtual machine has booted, you can access the FLECS UI through your host system’s browser by navigating to http://192.168.56.11/
Problem: “VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes”
Solution: Make sure that Virtualization is enabled in your system’s BIOS – look for “VT-x”, “Intel (R) Virtualization Technology”, “Virtualization”, “SVM Mode” or similar settings and make sure they are “Enabled”
Problem: “The following physical network interfaces were not found: vboxnet0 (adapter 2)”
Solution: Select “Change network settings” and switch to tab “Adapter 2”. Make sure the adapter is attached to “Host-only Adapter” and a valid adapter is selected from the “Name” drop down list. If no device is showing up in the drop down list, create one in the “File” ->
Problem: The FLECS UI does not open and the browser returns with the error “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”. Unfortunately the Virtual Machine’s static IP address collides with VirtualBox’s DHCP server. This will be fixed in the next release.
- Disable VirtualBox’s DHCP server: Select “File” -> “Host Network Manager…”
- Deselect “Enable DHCP Server” and hit “Apply”
- Reboot your machine and start the VM again
Problem: “Implementation of the USB 2.0 controller not found!” (Errorcode: E_FAIL (0x80004005))
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose “USB”
- Select “USB 1.0”, or disable USB completely